San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Sunday, February 17, 2013

An Espresso in the Gardens I

An Espresso in the Gardens

Start: Inner Sunset, San Francisco
Finish: The Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco

It's a Tuesday early afternoon and the young professionals are hard at work in the large office buildings of Metropolitan San Francisco. But hey, I got no job, I got no kids, I got nothing to do but explore. Come with me for a sip of coffee and a sit in the garden where you can meet a friend, read a book, or do whatever you please. Bring a friend, bring a dog, but please don't bring your worries. 

Today we start in the Inner Sunset region of San Francisco, known for its busy restaurants and relaxing walks along the edge of the Golden Gate Park. This is not the park we will be hanging out at today, though; we are looking for something a bit smaller. Walk along Judah street until you find yourself walking along railroad tracks. Wait about 5 to 10 minutes until you hear a small light rail in the distance. Find your the closest stop and hop on the "N" line towards downtown. Take a seat next to a San Franciscan and ease into a light conversation to pass the time and make a new friend. You will pass The University of California San Francisco Medical School and make a small pass through a tunnel where you will find Duboce Dog Park, another cute park but not the one we want. Another five minutes and you will find yourself going into another tunnel but this one will take you to the downtown stops...

POWELL STOP
POWELL STOP
POWELL STOP
....

(continued in part II)

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of the trip "we" are taking to the Yerba Buena gardens. I feel like I'm right there next to you! I only lived in the city for 7 months before I moved back to Daly City due to expensive rent. I never got to take adventures to the city like this by myself. I kind of wish I could go back in time and do just that!

    ReplyDelete